(Note: Updated on July 13 with the upcoming schedule) King County noxious weed specialists will be on hand to answer questions about invasive plants and noxious weeds at a variety of farmers markets and fairs this summer. They will have live weed specimens on display to help with identification and plenty of informative weed guides and fact sheets about noxious weeds. Sometimes the only way to learn a plant is to see it live, so this is a great opportunity for people to find out about these obnoxious plants so they can stop them from taking over. We will also have free pollinator seed packets and other materials to give away. See our Fairs and Events calendar for the whole schedule. In July and August, find us at these places:
- July 13, GoGreen Night during King County Parks’ Movies@Marymoor, 6pm-9:30pm
- July 16, Des Moines Waterfront Farmers Market, 10-2, Des Moines Marina
- July 19, Carnation Farmers Market, 3-7 pm, downtown Carnation
- July 23, Issaquah Farmer’s Market, 9-2, Pickering Barn, 1730 10th Ave. N.W.
- July 29-30, Enumclaw Street Fair, 10-7 both days, downtown Cole St.
- July 31, Auburn International Farmers Market, 10-3, Auburn Station Plaza
- August 6, Redmond Farmers Market, 9-3, 7730 Leary Way NE
- August 11, North Bend Farmers Market, Si View Community Center
- August 13, Federal Way Farmers Market, 9-3, The Commons, Federal Way
- August 19-21, Snoqualmie Railroad Days, downtown Snoqualmie
- August 20, Duwamish River Festival, 12-4, Duwamish Waterway Park, Seattle
Categories: Program News